HO Permanent layout - Ocklawaha Valley Railroad
This layout, originally built by the late Dr. Bill Chambers, is a 12’ X 21’ highly detailed operational tabletop style layout. This model railroad depicts the transitional period from steam to diesel. The layout was recently moved into our new Museum/clubhouse and has undergone an extensive refurbishing. During this refurbishing most of the track was relayed, the building were repainted, lights were installed or replaced, new scenes were created and all of the scenery was refreshed.
The real Ocklawaha Valley Railroad named in 1914 connected the towns of Palatka and Silver Springs. The O.V. run though the towns of Burbank, Fort McCoy, Orange Springs and Bay Lake. The Railroad was declared abandoned in 1923.
HO Model Videos
The Dr. Chambers Layout